INTRODUCING YOURSELF WITH CREDIBILITY - IN A HUMAN FRIENDLY WAY. AN INSPIRING WORKSHOP HOSTED BY JOHN NILAND FROM THE SELF WORTH ACADEMY.
There are some key moments in life when people really feel that their self-worth is “on the line”. One of the most palpable of these is probably when you are asked to introduce yourself. So, you know those dreaded situations.
The most common ones are:
• Social gathering: when you get asked the infamous “What do you do?” question;
• Interview or business meeting: where the first few minutes often dictate how seriously you will be taken for the rest of the discussion;
• Going around the room at a workshop 1 minute each… and all too often nobody listening at the end;
• Being introduced by another person: what do you want them to say?
There are many pitfalls:
From the boring “I am a…” to gimmicky wisecracks, to awkward monologues to the Talking CV. Yes, you’ve heard them all. And your gut self-worth feeling tells you that you want to rise above all these, perhaps?
Here’s what we will be examining during the workshop:
• Judging the situation and the audience: how to flex your intro accordingly
• Why it’s best to avoid gimmicks or weird wisecracks
• Four structures that are proven to work, depending on the situation you are in
• How to customise these for yourself
• Why and how consistency is important
• Equipping others to tell your story for you: advantages and some tips
• What if you are in transition?
• Clichés to avoid, at all costs
• A little bit of homework: getting some vital feedback to sharpen your intro
FREE ADMISSION. REGISTER HERE